New 150 Genoa

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
tangled
New 150 Genoa

Last month I received my new 150 genoa from FX sails and am very happy with it. The sail fit on the roller furling perfectly with no issues. The sail is so new that the first pulls on the roller furling line have to be done with determination then it is normal - but I like that!!! LOL Billy James at FX was great to deal with and the price of $2100 was best after exhaustive research. This is a sail that will be around for a while.

Sailing in long Island Sound the wind is light at best but the genny still performs well and is respectable. My wife loves that the UV cover is navy and matches the dodger etc.

Last night's Thirsty Thursday Night Race was a fluke with what we call Catalina Wind - high teens to low twenties. Every Catalina out there had a blast. Man did SPIRIT fly. We set a new personal best of 41min 48 seconds for the 3.3 mile course and I credit the new genny.

Tom Bolen
SPIRIT - 1999 36MKII #1780
Northport, NY

jsc4484's picture
jsc4484

Billy James is awesome he built my last Jib. It was perfect from the get go. He knows also knows the Catalinas very well.

Enjoy the sail :cool:

FAIR WINDS & FOLLOWING SEAS

Jeff Costa

S/V KAIROS Hull #0235

deising's picture
deising

Nice report, Tom, especially the 'personal best' race time.

Enjoy your new sail.

Duane Ising - Past Commodore (2011-2012)
s/v Diva Di
1999 Catalina 36 Hull #1777
Std rig; wing keel, M35B, Delta (45#)
Punta Gorda, FL
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/diva-di/

tim_farrell's picture
tim_farrell

Congrats on your new sail and your personal best. I am a fellow Northport C36 owner - and you are right - last Thursday was a perfect Catalina wind day.

See you out there!

Tim

Tim Farrell
S.V. Kailua
C36 - 1986
Hull# CTY0678A886