Well I missed finishing up my Winter mods/maintenance to the M25 in my C36 by only a bit over a week into Spring. Thought I would show a pic and ask a question on a future mod.... What was done:
- upgraded alternator bracket installed. had to pull the exhaust manafold to replace the studs with longer ones, then drill and tap where it mounts onto the thermostat housing, as someone in the distant past had left broken studs in the holes I need to use for the mount.
- New 105A alternator. - modified to use external regulator
- Balmar 614H external regulator (just to right out of frame)
- installed "Knurled valve" in place of plug
- Antifreeze recovery tank - when I got the boat the hose ran to the bilge, but was cracked so overflow dribbled down the manafold. The tank is the shiny aluminum tube thing in the picture - It was listed as for a "Hot Rod"
one question - on the air bleed - should I add a second knurled valve to the top of the secondary filter or will this one beed both locations??
Les & Trish Troyer
1983 C-36 Hull #0094
C-36 MK 1 Technical Editor.