Interior light bulbs for 1999 36 MK II

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joeclark57
Interior light bulbs for 1999 36 MK II

The original bronze interior lights have tiny bulbs that seem to attach with two set screws inside the fixture. All,of ours still work except for one. Where can I get replacement bulbs for these lights?

alfricke's picture
alfricke

Consider replacing all lights with LEDs. Saves training crew to turn them off under threat of flogging. Mine are bayonet base, super easy to do

Al Fricke
S/V Jubilee San Francisco Bay
Catalina 36' MkII  #1867
Universal 35-B

KevinLenard's picture
KevinLenard

Hm.  Not sure what you are looking at there, Joe.  The screws may release the entire assembly from the wall, but there should be no need to remove screws to replace bulbs.  The bulbs on most of the C36s are all bayonnet style to make them simple to replace, just push up, turn 1/8 turn to the left (counterclockwise) and the bulb comes out.  Amazon or Ebay sell LED bulbs fairly cheaply to replace ALL your bulbs to increase wattage and lower the batter draw. 

Kevin Lenard
"Firefly"
'91 C-36 Mk. "1.5" Tall Rig, Fin Keel, Hull #1120, Universal M-35 original (not "A" or "B")
CBYC, Scarborough, Lake Ontario, Canada

Paul Revere

mine were actually a regular size lightbulb screw base, I only have one bayonet-style in the aft cabin by the kitchen pass through.
I used these for the rest: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R2FCHPH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...
Mine is an 1989 though so might be a big difference